The 2006 first quarter results of the EquaTerra Outsourcing Pulse Survey highlighted the following data points into the outsourcing industry:
- Human resource outsourcing (HRO) topped the market with 29 percent, followed by information technology (ITO) with 23 percent and finance and accounting (FAO) at 19 percent.
- Citations of increase in contract values were at their lowest levels.
- Sales cycles were increasing in length.
- There was a slight improvement in sales pursuit and delivery capacity.
- Scope levels remained flat.
- Demand was highest in the energy/utilities, CPG/retail, and pharmaceutical/biotech industries.